For the fifth consecutive year, the Ministry of Development and Technology has granted Biostat the status of a research and development center. This signifies that we are among the elite group of 59 companies successfully merging scientific achievements with business, thus providing technical and scientific support for the Polish economy.
A research and development center is an entity that conducts scientific research within its activities and supports the research and development of various technologies for other institutions (universities, institutes) or businesses. The Ministry of Development and Technology annually reviews the activity reports of companies seeking or already possessing the status of a research and development center. They must meet a series of requirements specified in the law on certain forms of support for innovative activities.
On August 21, 2023, the Ministry of Development and Technology confirmed, for the fifth consecutive year, the status of a research and development center for Biostat. Currently, 59 Polish companies belong to this prestigious group (as of August 2023).
What contributed to Biostat maintaining its R&D Center status?
- First and foremost, the quantity and quality of innovative research projects we've been conducting, which have been growing year by year. For 18 years, we have consistently emphasized innovation. This has made us recognized today as a reliable and competent partner for companies and institutions in fields such as clinical research, market research, IT, and telemedicine. All of this is supported by solid economic and business foundations, as evidenced by our title as Forbes Diamonds 2023 and our high ranking among the most dynamically developing companies, as outlined by Rafał Piszczek, the founder and CEO of Biostat.
Biostat has established itself as a leading company in the field of clinical research (CRO) in recent years. Currently, CBR Biostat® actively participates in numerous clinical trials of drugs, medical products, and therapies. Biostat is a partner for both global pharmaceutical companies, such as Adamed, AstraZeneca, Celon Pharma, Chiesi, Egis, Exeltis, Novartis, Pfizer, Polpharma, Servier, and Takeda, as well as academic institutions and institutes, including Gdańsk Medical University, Jagiellonian University, Silesian Medical University, Piastów Śląskich Medical University in Wrocław, Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń, Upper Silesian Medical Center, and the Institute of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine.
- In the last 12 months, we have signed agreements to undertake innovative projects, such as research on a new therapy for atrial fibrillation patients or a cryoablation system - says Edyta Klemba, Pharma Division Director at Biostat®.
Biostat has been in the process of dynamic development of its proprietary telemedical solutions: the Medfile application for electronic medical documentation and the HaloDoctor platform, where patients can schedule e-visits, receive e-prescriptions, and e-medical certificates.
In 2022, both projects were included on the "Innovation Map in Healthcare" maintained by the Ministry of Health.
- We are currently implementing the Medfile software in the Norwegian market. Our goal is to adapt this software to other Western European markets - explains Szymon Błąkała, R&D Director at Biostat.
Biostat conducts dozens of research projects in the areas of market research, extensive marketing research, and employee satisfaction surveys every year. In recent months, we have carried out research projects for companies and institutions such as Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego, Copernicus Science Center, Clean Energy Port, Meble Wójcik, Savicki 1976, National Institute of Public Health, Cracow University of Economics, TEB Academy, Sedlak & Sedlak, Grant Thornton, PGNiG, Scanmed, and Lublin University of Technology.
It's worth noting that Biostat's research panel, Biostat Badanie-Opinii.pl, now consists of over 200,000 respondents.
- Significant positions in our project portfolio include research for scientific institutions and companies in the medical and pharmaceutical industries. We also observe increasing interest in patient, employee, and customer satisfaction research - notes Bartosz Olcha, Director of Research at Biostat®.
The founders of Biostat have no doubt that the company's achievements and strong market position are the result of the dedication and expertise of the team.
- The success of our company is built by the people who work in it. Continuous development and the implementation of innovations in the Biostat Research and Development Center are possible thanks to an exceptional team. Over the years, we have built a strong team consisting of scientists, managers, and experts in their fields, people with exceptional skills, whose common mission is the development of the Biostat brand - evaluates Dr. Ewa Tkocz-Piszczek, Vice President of Biostat.
It is worth mentioning that due to the increasing number of ongoing projects, CBR Biostat® continues to expand its team of specialists. Currently, recruitment is underway for positions such as PHP Developer and Business Customer Specialist at Biostat.
ul. Kowalczyka 17, 44-206 Rybnik