Evaluating the Quality of Medical Treatment
is regulated by the Act of 28 April 2011 on the health care information system.
- develop and managed (or develop and commissioned to conduct by entities performing medical activities) the Minister of Health;
- is developed in a specific typologies of diseases, ranges (diseases: blood and blood-forming organs, cancer, cardiovascular / genitourinary, nervous / respiratory / digestive, rare diseases);
- are implemented based on an analysis of the needs for their creation;
- are created and closed by way of an Ordinance of the Minister of Health;
- include data provided by entities maintaining public and medical registers as well as by service providers - the administrator of data is the Minister of Health.
Due the constantly growing importance of improving quality in healthcare, it is assumed to develop appropriate regulations that will allow monitoring and increasing its quality - the set of regulations is to be made by the Act on quality in the protection of patient's health and safety. The process of legislative work on a new legal act was based on the draft statutory assumptions of January 20 this year - its goal is to develop and implement legal and organizational solutions that allow to coordinate and comprehensively implement key aspects of health policy in the area of quality.
The aforementioned project assumes, among others implemmentation of new solutions in the field of functioning of medical registers. The registers are to allow the determination of clinical quality indicators for healthcare providers, which is to be the basis for a new system of monitoring the effectiveness and safety of therapeutic activities. It is expected that development of indicators of this type will allow:
- assess the quality of health services provided by individual entities or assess applicable procedures, medical technologies as well as medicinal products and medical devices in real conditions;
- constantly improve clinical practice, including - improve the safety and effectiveness of patient care.
In connection with the purposes of keeping medical records defined in this way, it is recommended to develop them in a way that allows them to acquire knowledge in the field of the legitimacy of the used treatment method, efficacy relevant to the patient, his safety (complications, adverse events) and technologies tested as part of the registers.
In addition, it is assumed that new medical registers will be created according to the so-called principles of good practice and financed or co-financed by the Minister of Health from public funds and they will be avaiable for all patients meeting the criteria for inclusion, i.e. patients:
- with a specific diagnosis, medical condition;
- undergoing specific therapy, specific treatment - e.g. a register of procedures or operations;
- who used a specific medicinal product (phase IV clinical trial);
- who have used a specific medical device - e.g. a register of implanted hip replacements.
Aware that the medical environment requires a thorough analysis of the results of treatment in order to improve the effectiveness and safety of the provided care, we offer an IT service of developing advanced medical records, gathering data of individual patients in accordance with applicable rules and standards.
Our solutions are based on the integrated research platform eCRF.bizTM, which enables the collection, processing and analysis of valuable epidemiological data - programming solutions developed over the years ensure that our clients' data are properly secured, and the registers themselves allow for effective statistical and observational research, epidemiological and clinical for stages I-IV. All types of research can be conducted in a convenient electronic form, using user-friendly online surveys.
„The cooperation has concerned survey organization, consulting and statistical analysis of quantitative research. We are indeed thankful to Rafal Piszczek for his reliability and professionalism in ding his duties as well as for his creative contribution on the projects being conducted by Amgen.”
„I confirm that I have dealt with Mr Rafal Piszczek since 2006, during which time he has provided us with excellent support in the area of medical data analysis and the use of advanced statistical tools. I can confidently recommend Mr Rafal Piszczek as a solid and reliable expert in this field.”
Akademia Medyczna w Lublinie
„I have know and collaborated with Rafal Piszczek, member of our research team, since January 2005. I am absolutely convinced, Rafal Piszczek is a very good candidate for any responsible work in the area of statisties.”
Mundipharma Polska Sp z o.o.
Clinic and the Cardiological and Non-invasive Cardiology Rehabilitation Centre
The Oncology Centre
Child Health Centre
Central Institute For Labour Protection
The Institute of Occupational Medicine
This company carried out Polish nationwide survey research . We consider their work as reliable and on-time as well as in accordance with the agreement. Additionally, we do not raise any objections to the materials presented.